Monday, July 14, 2008

Off to a great start!

It has been a month since our family packed up and moved to New Mexico, leaving not only a familiar place but a familiar ministry. As far as the place goes, we love our new home. The people are great, and there are so many cool places to visit.

In terms of ministry, it's incredible. Our churches have been so receptive. Relationships form the basis for my work. I know that genuine relationships grow over time, and I will need to let that happen. But so far, it's as if we've been here all of our lives.

Case in point: Last week Karen, James, and I helped the Laguna-Acoma Mission with Vacation Bible School. We just loved the church, and they loved us back. I know the encouragement meant a lot to Bro. Richard, but they were the real blessing to us. At least 7 people came to Christ -- five of them in the class Karen led.

There is so much more to share. God has been so good to us. It's still hard to imagine: we are North American Mission Board missionaries -- serving in line with all the "Home Missionaries" I heard so much about since I was saved. That God would give me this privilege is truly a wonderful gift of grace.

Please pray for us as we continue to get aquainted with the field God has called us to. Pray that God would grant me insight into the needs of the churches I serve. Most of all, please pray that all I do as Regional Associational Missionary -- and all we do as a family -- would bring a smile to our savior's face.

To His Glory!
Bro. Jim

No comments: